Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Value of book entitled The Official and Pictorial Record of…

Value of book entitled...

Value of book entitled The Official and Pictorial Record of the War with Spain and Philippines including the life, messages and papers of President McKinleuy. 1902

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Copyright 1900, General Marcus J.Wright, War Records Office, Washington. "This work is sold by Subscription only, and will never be for sale in book stores."

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Large book, 12 1/2" X 17" "Compiled and written directly from the Official Records at Washington, with the endorsement of the President, of the Secretary of War, and of the Commanding Officers of the Army and Navy......

3/10/2018
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

Book has over 630 pages.

The book entitled The Official and Pictorial Record of the War with Spain and Philippines including the life, messages and papers of President McKinley. 1902, has a estimated retail value of $150.

How to sell books:
http://www.internetbookselling.com/sell-old-books.html

Ultimately, to obtain these retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20%-50% more than retail values.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.
You can also add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.

Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser