Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a suqare waterjug that says ridgeway on the bottom,

Hi, i have a...

Hi, i have a suqare waterjug that says ridgeway on the bottom, it has a blue dragon handle and blue and gold flowers on it.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is old, my grandmother gave it to me

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not that i know of because it doesn't have may markings on it, other than the ridgeway symbol it kinda looks like a rocket with wings. there is also a 01 or 10 on it depending on which way you hold it

3/10/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

did my files come thru

This is a Ridgways of Hanley, England square water jug in the Budge pattern

made in 1882. Ridgways used this arrow mark from 1879 to 1916.

This pattern was influenced by the Japanese Imari palette during the trade

that began from the East. The value of this piece is $125.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares
thank you

I look forward to working with you again soon.
To get me again, start a new question and put <strongCustomerOnly as the first words you write.