Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old cast iron waffle maker. I received from

I have an old...

I have an old cast iron waffle maker. I received from Grandmother. It has a Rooster in the center with the name Costo on it. Above this is HBS & Co. Do you have any idea who the maker of this iron is.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is round. Also has No. 8 on the iron & the stand.

3/10/2018
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me tme to look up the maker and information on this waffle maker. Cast iron waffle makers are wonderful. Thank you I will post here shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
At the bottom of the iron, below the rooster, on the left side it reads REG. US . On the right it reads. PAT OFF.

thank you can you double check the names on the on please

name Costo on it. Above this is HBS & Co

going through the data bases I am finding nothing on either name I am still looking

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have an old phone, it does not have anything fancy, I can receive calls & texts. My husband has had severe health issues this last year & is getting disability. I am also getting disability. Our income is limited & I can not afford the addisional fee.

is there a Patent number on the waffle maker? I will go through the patent data bases now and see if I can match the description this way. Thank you If possible could you post a photo of the logo and markings ? I understand if not possible but that thought I would ask thank you

to post photos click on paperclip or file upload button and follow prompts. You may also email the photos to***@******.*** and in the email please put "for ladytanya65"

oh no I did not send any pop up ads that is generated by the company. I like to keep the evaluations in written form I am sorry it did not come from me.

once we begin corresponding the company has auto generated emails and pop up ads for other services it did not come from me

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't send a picture, old style phone, I would love if I could. I have given you all the information on this waffle iron. The size number is ***** the back plate.

Not a problem thank you very much. Please allow me some time to research this as the names are ***** ***** and I want to be exact. i will post back here as soon as I am done it may be later this afternoon however I will respond back with what I find out Thank you so much

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I removed the waffle plates from the oven. I misspelt the name across the chicken, it's CRUSO. Will this be helpful for your research.
very helpful thank you so much
I really appreciate your help and will post here shortly.

I appreciate the information Thank you for double checking the waffle maker you have is a Hibbard Spencer Bartlett & Co , Cruso waffle maker

#8 with the stand the value in today's market is 135-150.00

For insurance purposes the value would be 200.00 to resell today would realize a price of 100-125.00 to sell quickly. These are sought after due to the ease of making waffles and more and more people are returning back tot he cast iron pieces for home cooking.

Thank you for helping me with the name.

If I may be of further help please let me know as I am always happy to help you.

http://www.thckk.org/history/hsb.pdf

the link above goes over the history of Hibbard Spencer Bartlett & Co

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is wonderful information. My mother didn't want it because it was her mother's junk. She gave it to me because I collect chicken pottery and anything else that is old & has something related to chicken. I came out on the winning side with this gift. Thank You so much for your help. I'm sorry about the mistake with the name.

not a problem I just couldn't get why I didn't find anything and kept thinking it was Cruso but that wasn't what we had at first lol. I am thorough so I just kept looking through data bases.

When you have a chance please rate my work so I may be paid for my time. It costs you nothing just strictly how I am paid by the company there are stars above our post here. Thank you again and have a great weekend.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I appreciated her diligence to identify my cast iron waffle iron.
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser