Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I’ll bet I’m keeping you pretty busy this morning! This cute…

I’ll bet I’m keeping you...
I’ll bet I’m keeping you pretty busy this morning! This cute little guy is likely another piece that is old but not particularly valuable, but he is charming:)
3/10/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a 1930's to 1940's Japanese porcelain match holder in the shape of

beggar asking for tips in his big white hat. This piece is valued at $45 to $55.

There are a lot of match holder collectors out there and these in strange shapes have

kept a good value when other porcelain has fallen.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

A match holder! Mom used it for pretty first soap in her bathroom! Love it:)
Sorry. Guest soap

That is brilliant repurposing.

Rarewares