Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

3/10/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Let me see the back and look for 18k 14k 585 or 750.

Any new questions, be sure to write the words RAREWARES in the text of the question so it will be saved for me if I have stepped away for a minute.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not sure, but; the letters on the back almost look like C 6

I see tiny writing on the needle (I think). Please look there with a magnifying glass if you have one.

I am going to give both possibilities and I'd like you to take the pin to a small town jeweler where they will look at it and test it for free.

1) A costume jewelry gold tone pin/pendant in the shape of a pansy with bezel set green rhinestones in the center, marked CG maker, 1940 to 1960, with a value of $60

2) A 14k gold enamel pansy brooch/pendant with bezel-set round brilliant cut peridot stones, marked by CG maker, 1940 to 1960, with a value of $265 to $325 resale.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OH WOW! There is quite a difference there between the two. I looked at the pin, but; I don't have the best magnifying glass. I will definitely take it and have a jeweler test it. Thank you so much! I appreciate it.

It is a quality piece and I really think it is gold but it must be marked in order to be gold. The needle is where many makers marked pins.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Rarewares, I have a signed brooch. It is signed Joseph Warner. It has an elephant in the middle and then an inner circle of clear stones, and an outer ring of red stones. Is this valuable?

Add photos.

Joseph Warner made costume jewelry from 1953 to 1971.

This signed brooch with an elephant and a ring of prong set clear and red rhinestones is valued at $40.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You are welcome. Please remember to write RAREWARES when you post a new question so that it will come to me, thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You're absolutely wonderful! I appreciate all of the extra things you do, like suggesting websites or explaining how to know whether a pearl is real or not, or even specifying a certain kind of auction for certain pieces I want to sell. The information you give is unbelievable and this makes my posting items for sale online so much easier! Thank you for all you do!

Thank you so much for the compliment. It makes these long hours worth it!

I really do love my job.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are very good at it. I had another expert when you weren't available and she was nice, but; she definitely wasn't you <3 She didn't suggest any websites or really put the extra effort like you do.

This is why I ask you to write For Rarewares in the text of the question before you write "This piece is..."

The drop-down menu 'requests' time out after three minutes and you will get someone else.

If it has my name written by you, it will be saved for me. Everyone here is great but you and I have a good rapport going!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
For Rarewares, Yes, we do have a good raport going. Thanks for being so great!
Rarewares
Rarewares