Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have the and hubbard converted kerosene painted brass lamp…

I have the bradley and...
I have the bradley and hubbard converted kerosene painted brass lamp I asked you about the corrosion. My problem is that it is not a b&h Mark on the lamp. After carefully reading sellers description he says he was told it was a b&h. Were there any made without marking? Is there some catalog I can look to see if I can identify it?
Did you receive any photos
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

These are only two markings and whole item

Are there any photos of the bottom? This is another spot where B & H marked as an embossed B & H.

No.

Thank you for all of the photos and information. Give me some time for research and writing back. You will get an email when I do.

That is a photo of the side.

I am unable to find an exact match for this item and I am not convinced it is B & H. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Thank you
I believe it may be copper because when I removed the white corrosionwith ketchup it is a turquouse green color.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello Again

I think I can help you, yes there were Bradley and Hubbard who made lamps and they were not marked on the bottoms, some were made and tagged. Others had the mark on different parts of the lamps. The lamp does appear to be a copper, or copper plate which is why you see the greenish color.

Are you wanting the value for this lamp?

Glenda

Hello

Do you have the Glass Globe Shade that went with this?

No. What kind do you recommend for this

Can you show me the very top clearly?

Can you see it ?

Ok. Thank you

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Bradley & Hubbard Oil Parlor Banquet Lamp Electrified with glass globe has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $250.00-375.00 if sold at an auction (a local auction ) it would sell for a little less if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $375.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $375.00-400.00 ( with a clear glass globe or even a painted one ).
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser