Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have old books that where my fathers and grandfathers that…

I have old books...

I have old books that where my fathers and grandfathers that I would like to now the value of - Pinocchio is one that has a copyright date of 189? Wo could I locate in the Spring, TX area that I could trust.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The books are in good shape and have been kept in climate controlled environments.

3/10/2018
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

The copyright date you entered for the book Pinocchio was 189. Please tell me the full year.

I can only take your one book in this single question; however, I can most probably suggest an appraiser within driving distance of your home that can help you. Our Just Answer services do not include on site appraisals.

Please tell me a large city near you.

Not sure of exact date the books are in a climate controlled storage unit and not at my disposal. I think about 1894? please suggest an appraiser that I can trust within driving distance of Spring, TX 77379

Is the publisher of your book Cassell. It is really important to the exact date as the value is significant if it is the first edition printed in 1892.

I need to know a large city near Spring, TX.

Houston, TX

Thank you for the city. I will look for a reputable person for you in Houston.

But see:

That could be the publisher and that maybe the date but until I can get to the unit I have no way to be exact. I have other books that have the same publishing years late 1800's all in good shape. That I need to have someone look at as well.

The value of the Pinocchio book could be as much as $13,910 if printed by Fisher Irwin in 1892.

Here are two well qualified and credentialed appraisers in Houston. They should be able to research your books for you.

Please know in person appraisals can vary widely in price. Be sure to establish what an appraiser that works in person will charge before hiring.

Also, it is unethical for an individual to appraise an item then buy it from you or offer to sell it for you.

Houston, TX certified appraisers:

Heidi Vaughn(###) ###-####/p>

Patricia A Kuehnert(###) ###-####/p>

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20%-50% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.
You can also add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.

Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser