Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have two Cupid baby figurines they have a round metal

Customer Question
I have two Cupid...

I have two Cupid baby figurines they have a round metal patent on the bottoms. One is 1912 the other 1913

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

My grandmother purchased them many years ago one has a sticker on the bottom that says $395

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I know nothing else about them. They are about 6” tall 2 1/2 “ side little babies sitting with elbow on knees and chin in hands. They look like they could be stone

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Will you be able to add pictures?

This is a pair of chalkware Rose O'Neill seated Kewpie doll figurines

from 1912 and 1913. Chalkware is a combination of plaster and gypsum.

The value of these today is $250 for the pair

or $125 each.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.