Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old canvas painting with a monogram looking like a…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old canvas painting with a monogram looking like a fence with the initials owe at the end of it

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Would a picture help you with a more defined answer?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Its well over 60 yrs old

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/10/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

do you have a cell contact cell number i can send them to you directly

Here are a few different options for sending pictures. The availability of each feature depends on which browser
(Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) you are using and whether you are on a desktop or a phone.

1) Use the +Add Files feature next to the red SEND button on in the area where you write back to me
to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.

2) Use the paperclip icon above the texting area where you reply.
The photos will upload when you add at least one word in the text box.
You won't see the photo, but the paperclip will turn green.

3) You can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me.This way takes 24-48 hours.

can you confirm when i send the pictures to you for verification?

That offer is one other way to do it, you don't have to accept.

If you send via Email that will work, too.

i just sent 2 photos , just wanted to makes you received them. i will send a closeup of the signature

If you sent them to the email, it will take a while.

I will write back here as soon as I get them. Then give me a bit to research.

i have sent the final one , please let me know if you need more going forward

I still have not gotten any photos.

ok i will upload as soon as i get home ,

Thank you. I will wait.

I apologize for the delay, We've just experienced a major snow storm the last 2 days and just had our power restored.

Same here! Mine has gone in and out here in the southern Maine area.

We'll keep in touch and get to it whenever it is convenient.

Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 21 days ago

Will you be able to add pictures?