Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Can you send me estimate value of this 140 in x 75in

Caucasian antique rug please...
Can you send me estimate value of this 140 in x 75in Caucasian antique rug please
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Are these different rugs then the other ones? If so can you send pictures?

Can you send a picture of these?

Glenda

The pix
57822202-C6D0-4AE6-815E...jpeg578222...jpegF2B66DB0-940D-42F7-A7CD...jpegF2B66D...jpegC5BF3487-A987-4D97-8248...jpegC5BF34...jpeg4F129C3A-A665-4430-A839...jpeg4F129C...jpeg857674E5-0B6D-4447-A4F6...jpeg857674...jpeg
Hey both of them I believe is from the 18th century

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Antique Caucasian Rugs woven by the diverse tribes of the Caucus Mountains in the 1800's, have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $2***-**-****.00 each if sold at an auction (a local auction ) it would sell for a little less, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $2800.00 each depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $2***-**-****.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Ok, thank you! So if you consider that the first two ones that I’ve sent pix are also from 18th century would they value much than you estimated?

Hello

yes, I will go revise that answer for you. The age makes a huge difference.

.
.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser