Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have some sterling silver spoons: 4 are from Cannon Falls,

I have some sterling silver...
I have some sterling silver spoons :
4 are from Cannon Falls, MN. They are engraved with pictures of historical buildings there.
1) the School House ( has the #25 on it)
2) the Congregational church
3) the LeToile Nord ( the #14930 on it)
4) the Old Stone Mill ( markings SSMC on it)The 4 others are:
1) from Winona, MN ( engraved with the words "LeToile Nord)
2) from Pittsburg, PA ( markings Kanz and the #30 on it)
3) from Wisconsin Dells, MN ( dated Aug. 11, 1935)
4) from Minneapolis, MN ( dated 1891 and the markings RWS and Brooks)I also have 4 transistor radio cars, metal, older model cars, I don't know how old they are, but somewhere around 50 years.
3/10/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Good Morning

Thank you for requesting me

Hello

Are all the spoons about the same size and marked Sterling?

You can send me more questions, as new questions. Just do this, send the Question " TO Glenda at the beginning, then tell me what you have, if you can send pictures. The first question you can put the 4 transistor cars. Then we can move on from there with your other things.

They are approximately the same size and yes they are marked Sterling

Thank you.

Just to let you know you had another question out there about the copper tea pot, some how it got put in the Legal Category, I contacted the site to have them move it to the appraisal category so I can help you with that, they should be sending it over soon.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Sterling Silver Souvenir Spoons has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $65.00-75.00 each if sold at an auction (a local auction ) it would sell for a little less , if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $65.00 and up each depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $55.00-65.00 each
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.

Thank you
Glenda
.