Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Thank you so much for all of your work on my family pieces.

Hi Jennifer - thank you...
Hi Jennifer - thank you so much for all of your work on my family pieces. I have found a note regarding the large portrait of a woman, and her first name is ***** ***** . . I am unable to find further information. Do you do genealogy at all? If so - would you research Euphen (and I think Barr is the last name) and any relationship to Mayo or Lansing? I think that is the connection. Thank you again!
3/10/2018
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

I can certainly try. Is it possible to upload a photo of the note? I find clues that way, sometimes.

I can. It is attached. It is actually a list of items to be distributed to individual family members and I was the recipient of the needlepointed chair and the secretary. The portrait hung behind the little needlepointed chair so I am positive it is the one we are discussing. If there is any relationship between Euphen and the Mayo/Reynolds/Bainbridge etc family then we have it! Thank you, ***** ***** this helps identify our mystery woman!

Thanks!

I've found a Euphen Barr, but I don't think it's the same one. I'll keep checking.

Jennifer

Euphan Wilson Cooper was married to ***** ***** Bainbridge. Their children were Mary Elizabeth Bainbridge and Juliet Blanton Bainbridge. Does that sound correct?

Jennifer

that has to be it!!! Thank you!!!

You are very welcome! I suggest you buy yourself a copy of that book, looks like it could be useful to you in the future!

Jennifer

I think that I will. Thank you again.

You're welcome! When convenient, I'd appreciate your rating on this answer.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I never locked this one so you could never rate it...would it be possible to do so now?

AppraiserJM