Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

What do I do now? Hang on a minute please. I have a box

Is this a free...

Is this a free service?

Expert's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

OK, so what do I do now?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

OK, hang on a minute please

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I have a box unopened from the turn of the 20th Century and I have found out very little information about them. They're called "20th Century Mansion Matches"
I can email pictures if you're interested. Please advise.

3/10/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I look forward to hearing from you

This is an unopened box of Mansion matches made by the Jedel Company of Newark, New Jersey

between 1904 to 1910. There is a 1904 trade publication named Wooden and Willoeware Trade Review where

it lists and discusses the hundreds of companies that are making matches and the company's debut of these Mansion Matches are listed there. The unopened box has a current value of $40 to $50 with good condition graphics on the top.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares

I look forward to working with you again soon.
To get me again, start a new question and putCustomerOnly as the first words you write.
You can also 'favorite' me, that way I should show up as your personal Expert for antiques and appraisals.