Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I'm trying to find out how much a Picasso lithograph is

Hi, I'm trying to...

Hi, I'm trying to find out how much a Picasso lithograph is worth. The title is Toros, its signed and has a certificate of authenticity.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Ok, it was printed in 1990 in California, its # 182/250, printed by Ninte studios, and the plated is destroyed. I hope this helps.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Well the title says Toros but when I googled it I couldn't find this particular print.

3/10/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

There were about ten different works of Picasso with the word Toros in them so I really do need a photo of this piece, thanks!

This is a limited edition lithograph titled Toros y Toreros after two original works by Pablo Picasso (1881-1973). This depicts an abstracted form of a toreador, before an advancing bull, on the left-hand side, and a smaller bullfighter on the right between a charging bull and a mounted rejoneador, before a crowd. The scene is created in minimalist blocks of red, back, blue, yellow, purple, and green on a clean white ground. It is numbered 182 out of an edition of 250 lower left, and in plate signed within the image Picasso at the top. It is presented in a simple black frame, wired for hanging, with a black and red double mat. Value for this piece is $125 to $150 resale. Here is an example of one for sale (they are asking too much)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Picasso-lithograph-numbered-print-edition-76-250/232461195772?hash=item361fc459fc:g:BpoAAOSw2mJZnjz1

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares

I look forward to working with you again soon.
To get me again, start a new question and putCustomerOnly as the first words you write.
You should also "favorite" me so that I will be your dedicated Expert for antiques.