Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

How can i tell if my pedestal bowl is antique. I don't see…

How can i tell...

How can i tell if my Amber pedestal bowl is antique

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I don't see any markings on the bottom

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I dont think i do

3/10/2018
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

Do yo have any photos you can send?

.

To send photos:

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. There also may be an +Add Files option.

.

If not then you can click this link for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

.

thanks,

Diana

Hi. Thank you for the pictures. They're great. If you'll give me some time to look them over, I see if I can find the pattern name for you.

~Diana

Hi. Thank you for all your patience and thank you again for the pictures.

.

Those are two pieces from Anchor Hocking's Fairfield pattern. It was made from 1972 to 1977. The color is amber. It's more of a yellow/gold color than some of the darker amber color that other companies produced. It also came in an avocado green, ruby, clear, 2 shades of blue, emerald green, smoke and brown. It was a pretty popular pattern.

.

You have the round cake stand and the round compote. The cake stand is worth $40 to $50. The round compote is worth $50 to $60

.

The prices will vary a bit depending on where you try to sell them. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself in a private sale as opposed to an auction, Ebay, or selling to a dealer.

.

For selling them yourself, Etsy is a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great online stores too. They generally have a store "setup" fee, so unless you have a lot of items to list, it may be a bit too pricey. They do get the "higher" paying customers though. Etsy actually has one of the lowest current rates.

.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). Some buyers have even started using apps or sites like LetGo or Varagesale. Since you're in Canada, there is also kijiji. The only big downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.

That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the bottom and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great day.
~Diana

Can I get your input on other items?
Thank you so much for all that info . I was not expecting those item to Bring anything so I am happy with the results.
Thanks again

Hi. You're very welcome. I'm glad I could help. I like a lot of Anchor Hocking's old glassware. Most glassware, especially vintage, colored glass has a bit of value. It might not be "expensive", but it all usually has some value and there's always collectors out there.

.

Sure. I'll be glad to help with anything else you have. We're not allowed to add on items to existing questions, but I see you signed up for the membership. So, you can ask more questions without paying for each one. That's a great way to save money.

.

With any new questions, if you put my name at the beginning of your question, that will make sure it gets to me. Typically, I don't mind working on as many as 2 or 3 items in one question.

.

~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Diana f
Here are a few more items for you
20180310_193902.jpg2018031...jpg20180310_193905.jpg2018031...jpg20180310_193647.jpg2018031...jpg20180310_193657.jpg2018031...jpg20180310_193729.jpg2018031...jpg20180310_193510.jpg2018031...jpg20180310_193553.jpg2018031...jpg

Hi. I'll be glad to take a look at these. I can't answer them here though. We're not allowed to add on items, so you'll have to ask them as a brand new question.

.

You can ask a new question here: https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-dianaf/

.

Just make sure you still put my name at the beginning of your question. That way it'll make sure that no other expert responds.

~Diana