Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We are looking for information about this old fiberboard box…

We are looking for information...
We are looking for information about this old fiberboard box in the shape of a teddy bear. Measures about 11 by 8-1.2 inches, and has no identifying marks anywhere.
3/10/2018
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me time to review the photos and post back my evaluation here shortly. Thank you

Thank you for your patience this is an interesting box. I have spent a few hours scanning through many sites and books. This is a box from the 1960s- early 1970s period. The design and coloring of the box place it to this era. These boxes were used for candy and small toys at the holiday season. There were paper/foil stickers placed on the back of the boxes to distinguish where they came from and what was inside. This box does not appear to have ever had a sticker on the back it may have been one that was obtained before the packaging was done or bought for home use which many stores did sell such as Woolworth's department stores. Without any marks I can not say with certainty who produced the box. During this time period See's Candy, Hershey's Chocolates and small private candy stores used these to fill with small toys and candies for children. So the value is based on a generic vintage bear shaped fiberboard novelty box. At 11" x 8 1/2" this is in excellent condition and has a value of 24.00-28.00 in today's market. If I can help you further please let me know I am always happy to help.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser