Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at U of A
53729464

I have a post card titled The Three Kings 1936 postage stamp

I have a post card titled The Three Kings 1936 postage stamp defective
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I can send pictures , HOW ?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Defective post mark ,center stamp

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
defective
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
016.JPG defective
017.jpg front

I am unable to find an accurate value for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Mine name is Glenda

I can help you with this, give me just a moment to look the value up.

Glenda

Mine name is Glenda

Glenda

This is your answer, please read entirely.

.

Here is a link to this history of the Three Kings you might like:

http://navonanumis.blogspot.com/2011/12/1936-year-of-three-kings.html
.
The A souvenir postcard of 1936, titled 'The Year of the Three Kings' featuring potraits of HM King George V, HM King George VI and HM King Edward VIII. with the Defective Stamp ( making it unique ) has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $25.00-30.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $10.00-12.00 , if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $25.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $ 25.00

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at U of A