Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Set of 9 desert/sherbet cups. Bases have Fisher Sterling…

Set of 9 desert/sherbet...

Set of 9 desert/sherbet cups . Bases have Fisher Sterling trademark and "512." Above the "512" is an extremely faint scratch-like marking which appears to be "w \." Threaded etched glass liners screw into each base to complete the cups. What can you tell me about these things?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I inherited them from mother. I don't know where she got them or how old there are.

3/9/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I can't do that.

Okay, I can answer without pictures. Give me a few minutes to write.

OK. I'll stand by.

Fisher Silversmiths, Inc.
operated in Jersey City, NJ and New York, NY from 1936 to 1970.

This is a set of nine sterling silver sherbet cups in pattern 512 (no formal pattern name)

made in the 1940's with a value of $400 for the set. About 10% less if there is a monogram on the pieces.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares

I look forward to working with you again soon.
To get me again, start a new question and put <strongCustomerOnly as the first words you write.