Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a coin I'd like some information on please. It's an…

Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a coin I'd like some information on please. It's an 1804 silver dollar. How can I determine it's authenticity? Thanks

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I only know what the RedBook coin book says and that's about it. I'm sure it is a reproduction but it has been in a lockbox for around 40 years .

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Is there somewhere I can send pictures ?

3/9/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of both sides of the coin.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Any information is appreciated.

I do not think this is authentic. I can see that it is a brass silverplated coin by the yellow

tone coming through where the plating is wearing off.

They did make the Draped Bust in silver plated brass as replica coins. This coin is valued at $12.00 resale.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares

I look forward to working with you again soon.
To get me again, start a new question and put <strongCustomerOnly as the first words you write.