Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a large Chinese dragon head lantern (brought out of…

I have a large...

I have a large Chinese dragon head lantern (brought out of China in 1905), and am curious about its value. Will one of you appraisers give me an idea of value from just a description and pictures?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I can give dimensions and some detail about construction, but I think a picture would be best.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not really.

3/9/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

No thanks

Thank you for the picture. I will write an answer now, give me a few minutes.

This is a circa 1890 Chinese carved rosewood and reverse painted glass hanging palace lantern

made in the Beijing, China region. This piece has a value of $1200 to 1500 resale value

based on recent sales of similar pieces.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares
Five star reply. Thanks

I really appreciate the good feedback.
I look forward to working with you again soon.
You can request me but requests only last 3 minutes.
To get me again, start a new question and put "ForCustomerOnly" as the first words you write.

You can also 'favorite' me, that way I should show up as your personal Expert for antiques and appraisals.