Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Karl Himmelstoss festreigen sculpture. How do I…

Hello. I have...

Hello. I have a Karl Himmelstoss festreigen sculpture. How do I find out it’s value?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a Karl Himmelstoss freistregen sculpture. How can I find out its value?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Excellent condition. Brought back to US by my German mother in law

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Please also add an image of the underside as well as the approximate dimensions.

~Nora

Thank you for the additional images and for your patience.

Your blanc-de-chine (all white) porcelain figural featuring 3 women dancing is entitled Festreigen and was designed by Karl Himmelstoss (1878-1967) in 1913 and then produced by the Rosenthal factory in 1916. It is a rendition of the Three Graces.

On today's auction market, this could sell for $500 - $800.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Thank you

You are welcome.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora