Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 8 Paine Furniture Windsor chairs that need

Customer Question
I have 8 Paine...

I have 8 Paine Furniture Windsor chairs that need repair/restoration..brass tag on bottom. Over 100 years. Can you offer a price?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

63 6506 (orG ) is stamped on bottom. I think cherry wood. In family since I believe early 1900. Damaged in basement flood, spindles, cracks, splits. Insurance need value and price to restore.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

They have just age damage. Original stain. I have 10 but only 6 were in flood? I would like to restore

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/9/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I am unable to find a restoration cost for these. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 4 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

You needing to know the cost to repair your chairs for insurance purposes, is that correct?

Hello?
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 4 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Phone call session started