Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have what a believe to be a CP Appels painting signed left…

Customer Question
I have what a...

I have what a believe to be a CP Appels painting signed left hand bottom corner dated 1926...just wondering what this would be worth on full appraisal.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is a painting of a boatsman on a river in the colours of yellowish golden greens colours size 3'x1 1/2' approx size in frame with glass cover in frame, corner of frame damaged slightly ..

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The back of the painting is wooden with nails 12 along the top 6 along the side it appears not to have been taken out of frame at all..it was bought in an antique shop and sold for the frame only..

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/9/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 4 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris