Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

What is a 1956 worn flying Eagle one cent worth today?

second opinion] What is a...
second opinion] What is a 1956 worn flying Eagle one cent worth today?
1856 not 1956
3/9/2018
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

See the following image. Is this your coin style?

Is yours worn? Please tell me the other letters or numbers you see, Some may be very tiny.

It is worn I can read cent one the back. The Eagle, United States of America and 185 and I believe a 6
I could see more but it’s aged and I’d need to clean but didn’t want to.

Please know condition is extremely important to the value of a coin. Please give me time to research.

This is a very rare coin. Only 1000 were made. Unfortunately, the condition is poor so the value is only about $250-300.

I wish I had better news.

Ultimately, to obtain these retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20%-50% more than retail values.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.
You can also add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.

That’s fine! I’ll be going to bed soon but will look then if I don’t get your answer tonight. You already got my five stars. Thank you that you’ve been interested in helping me.

I sent a complete final answer. 20 minutes AGO.

Please read.

Positive, please.

Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser

I sent a complete final answer. 20 minutes ago..

Please read.

**********************
Thank you so much for the positive rating! If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “For Doris only” as the first three words of the question. I should be the one to take your question.
Thank you again.
**********************