Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a book Dichtergrusse Aus Dem Osten?? Does it have any…

I have a book...

I have a book Dichtergrusse Aus Dem Osten?? Does it have any value

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is on like crepe paper, maybe Japanese is tied with silk and is in a binder with two bone clasps. It has been in a book case for probably 40 years

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

On the binder it has 13tes Tausend

3/8/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a 1910 German book titled Dichtergrusse Aus Dem Osten translating to Poets from the East, 15,000 Poems with numerous mostly full- or double-page color woodcut illustrations by Japanese artists. Color illustrated original block book in color illustrated folder with 1 (of 2) ivory closing. First German edition. Print, illustrations and paper by Takejiro Hasegawa, Tokyo. Printed on paper from the bark of the mulberry tree (hosho paper), which was then processed in a complex process to crepe paper. The value of this book in good condition is $100 to $140.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Abebooks.com, Biblio.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares