Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I would like a valuation of a set of Brothers England

I would like a...

I would like a valuation of a set of Johnson Brothers England dishes. The name of the pattern is “Raleigh.” The set came into my family circa 1900. The gilding around the edges is 18 karats.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

What would you like to know?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I have pictures of a place setting and the side pieces. I also know they were manufactured in England between 1880 and about 1900.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Back of plate
60B65BBF-89E2-47A6-9276...jpeg60B65B...jpeg4C441080-FA63-4DBF-BEC7...jpeg4C4410...jpeg4118F799-8E07-463E-8512...jpeg4118F7...jpegBBC777D9-3EED-4B43-B4A3...jpegBBC777...jpeg

I do not participate in the phone service.

A service of Johnson Brothers china in the Raleigh pattern from the early 20th-century

has a current value of $40 per 5-piece place setting, $30 salt and pepper set, $65 for gravy boat, $75 for covered server, $35 for creamer and sugar set, $25 for open serving bowl.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares