Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Oi. I have an original oil by Sandy Clough which was painted…

I have an original...

I have an original oil by Sandy Clough which was painted in the early 80's. It is of a maple jug and candle sitting on a tabletop in earthtones. The size w/o measuring is approx 16"x 14" and I would like to know approx the the value and how to go about selling it> Teresa Buoch

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

It's in excellent condition. and framed by her.

3/8/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

Will you be able to add photos?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Rarewares, Here is the information regarding Sandy Clough's oil painting. I had to get it out of my attic and discovered that it didn't have a candle in it at all, but two other jugs. I also discovered that I traded her painting for one of mine in October of 1974. She has not painted for years but has built a huge industry of her work. I can find none of her originals for sale. The size of the painting is 16"x20". I am attaching the photos. Thank you. Teresa

This is an original Sany Clough painting of three stoneware jugs in graduated sizes; one whiskey, one lighter liquids jug and one brown Albany slip glaze jug placed in three-quarter view against a wooden barn wall for texture. The value of this painting is $1200 to $1500 resale.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the five stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.

Rarewares
Rarewares
Rarewares