Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Thinking of selling my 1929 Philco Highboy radio, just not…

Thinking of selling my...

Thinking of selling my 1929 Philco Highboy radio, just not sure what to price it at. Can you be of assistance?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is the January- 511 series chassis. It is in excellent condition, also has original key.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not that I can think of.

3/8/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

okay... I did attempt to send photos but I don't think it worked, waited a few minutes but nothing happened. not sure this is working.
Please let me know if you received the photos.

No, they are not here.

added costs?

No, it does not cost to add pictures.

okay. thank you.
34 dollars per call?

I don't personally use the phone service, another
Expert may be able to fulfill that separate request but I'm
happy to continue corresponding with you in writing here on the page.

I'm feeling that I won't be getting an answer, right? how does one cancel?
Sorry for wasting your time.

I need to see pictures of your exact radio. Adding photos does not cost extra.

I can answer after I see pictures and have time to write an answer.

A 1929 Philco highboy radio in the 511 chassis has a value of $325 to $350 on the secondary market

if it is in good condition.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars or write "thank you".

Thank you.

You are welcome! Please do physically click the stars so that I will credit for answering, thanks!

Rarewares