Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

3/8/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please add images of the second print as well, the approximate size and the backside (do not remove from frame).

~Nora

Thank you for the additional information.

These are 20th century hand colored prints of 18th century French Rococo images based on the boiserie panel (French wall panel decorations) by the period masters, Watteau, Fragonard and Boucher.

When depicting aristocrats enjoying music from a musician, the symbolism is that they are an allegory of love.

The print image shape is referred to as quatrefoil.

These are intended as decorative wall art pieces and not collectible prints for fine art investment purposes.

At 12" x 12" these could sell for $20 - $40 each per picture on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora

You are welcome and thank you for the positive rating.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora