Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a dinnerware set that is unmarked. how can I identify…

Customer Question
I have a dinnerware...

I have a dinnerware set that is unmarked. how can I identify it's value?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is white the plate has hand painted purple flowers in three places on the flat part. It has a raised edge that has a silver vine/flower pattern around it.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The silver is under the glazing and there are a lot of fine hairline cracks under the glazing in the white.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/8/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 4 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora