Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Would like to establish age of a pair of wrought iron wall…

Customer Question
Would like to establish...

Would like to establish age of a pair of wrought iron wall sconces and find out if it diminishes value to have them wired. Also, they are a bit rusty, should they be cleaned or left to age?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I believe these are late possibly late 17th or 18th century, at some point someone wired some beautiful rock Chrystals to them ,

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/8/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 4 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

see below
dBaEuQBDRSeAYehqeQMHCw.jpgdBaEuQB...jpgQhEzI9jrSiGXunTH6xfjhw.jpgQhEzI9j...jpg0j0drJ97SAy0d8S4jsMrXA.jpg0j0drJ9...jpg0j0drJ97SAy0d8S4jsMrXA.jpg0j0drJ9...jpg

Please add clear, in-focus images. The photos attached here are either too blurry or obscure close-ups.

~Nora

Will have to do it later

Any time is fine, no rush. ~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora