Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a piece of art that was passed down to me and I want…

Customer Question
I have a piece...

I have a piece of art that was passed down to me and I want to get it appraised to MAYBE sell

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I don’t know much except it’s 60+ years old it was my grandmothers but I have no way to know who or when painted it

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Pictures

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/8/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

If there’s any certain areas you want me to
Focus in on more please let me know
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thank you for sharing this wonderful painting.

This is an oil on board of a Dutchman having a drink.

The clothing and furnishings are 18th-century Dutch.

The painting does not have much wear or cracking, so I think this was painted by

an artist between 1870 to 1900 based on the wear and the oak frame with studs.

I wish it were signed, maybe it is under the framing.

With this information and these pictures, artist unknown, the value of this piece is

$800 to $1000 resale.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the five stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.

I am familiar with those websites. Please help me find more info on this or please pass me onto someone who might know more.
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 6 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. I understand you are more interested in information on this painting. Please allow me to review each photo and post back when completed with my research. I appreciate the opportunity to complete this for you. I should be completed late this afternoon.