Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

3/8/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a 1950+ giclee on canvas enhanced with brush strokes of

a self-portrait of the artist Tintoretto hat was completed by him in the

late 1500's. The staples on canvas were used after 1950, Grumbacher stretchers were not available before the 20th-century and a painting from the

1500's would be much more worn and cracked. The label suggests that it is a reproduction on canvas of a painting in a private collection.

The value of this piece is $100 to $175 resale.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the five stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.

Rarewares