Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I believe I have a 3 piece Ormolu Mantle Clock Set (Pink Egg…

I believe I have...

I believe I have a 3 piece Ormolu Mantle Clock Set (Pink Egg - Children Playing and Cheribum) Clock is fairly large and in very good condition. Can you give me some idea of what the value of this set is?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I do plan on showing it to an appraiser but need help with that as well (locally). But do you know approximately what these clocks appraise for?

3/8/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Please look on the back of the clock for a door that swings open to see the gear area of the clock.

There should be a stamped mark on the movement.

Also look on the bottoms of these three pieces for any maker's marks, thanks!

There are no bottoms on these pieces. It will be just a little while before I send you makers mark. Thanks I didn’t know where to look for it. Talk soon.

Great! I'll wait to answer until I can see that area.

This is a circa 1870 French pink porcelain and ormolu mounted garniture set

consisting of a clock and two egg-shaped side pieces, marked GV on the movement (unknown maker),

having a value of $4000 to $5000 for the set.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Are these types of clocks an easy thing to sell or do they usually take a while for a buyer?

These take awhile to sell and the buyer would most likely be in the middle east, China or Russia where this style is popular right now. This is where giving the set to an auction with international bidding is a plus.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares