Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Still waiting for response
3/8/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Good morning

My name is***** am happy to help you.

Can you tell me if the bank is marked with a makers name and by chance do the ducks have any marks on them to indicate who made them?

Can you show me the bottom of the bank?

Thank you that helps, the bank is a reproduction to the originals in the 1800's to early 1900's.. the phillips head screw shows that. This is a newer screw, the originals were made with very primitive looking flat head screws. But, it does still have value.

I will be right back with your values

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Uncle Sam Bank , has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $40.00-65.00. Your Vintage Hand Carved Wooden Duck Decoy's -$65.00-75.00 each, Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Thank you for the rating is much appreciated, if you need anything else feel free asking for " Glenda "

Have a great weekend