Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Would you put this "Vaseline" glass worth at? Normal bubbles…

For Glenda What would you put...
For Glenda
What would you put this "Vaseline " glass worth at? Normal bubbles and straw marks in glass, no chips or cracks.
3/8/2018
Lindie-mod
I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. Thank you for your patience.
Best,
Lindie
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Good Morning

Hope you are doing well.

You do mean the Jar correct? What size jar is this?

Yea there is a pic attached here. 6 3/8 square bottom. 7 3/4 tall

Thank you,

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Vaseline Glass Canister, with Green Metal Lid very good condition has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $175.00-200.00, if sold at an auction (a local auction ) it would sell for a little less, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $200.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $ 200.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.
Glenda,
.

If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Once again, thank you much!

You are very welcome, I appreciate you asking for me. I hope you have a great evening.

Glenda