Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a wall shelf from the 50's from Chelsea House Inc.'s

Customer Question

Hello, I have a wood wall shelf from the 50's from Chelsea House Inc.'s Royal Collection where can I get it appraised?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Its just a shelf from a friends home. She is selling the home and the shelf has been in the home since at least the 60's or 50's. Its a wooden wall shelf.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No. it has a gold plate on the back of the shelf with Chelsea House and Royal Collection on it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question

Expert:  Doris replied 8 months ago.

Please tell me the approximate dimensions in inches.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the shelf.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the shelf.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris