Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have just acquired this painting. What is the value? Tanks…

Hi I have just acquired this...
Hi
I have just acquired this painting.
What is the value?
Tanks
Rita
3/7/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Thank you for the images.

What is the approximate size and please add a photo of the entire backside (do not remove from frame).

~Nora

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
approximate demensions are 18 wide by 24' high
I do not currently have a picture of the whole back nut it looks really new as I have been told it was rewaxed
thanks Nora!

Thank you for your patience.

From the images, it appears that the painting was re-lined and re-stretched.

Although I have handled a fairly large amount of Renaissance and Baroque era Italian Master's paintings, I would not be able to authenticate this through online photos.

The estimate is based on comparables of other known oil on canvas works by Tintoretto that have sold at auction.

A portrait of a saint or monk's head in profile by Tintoretto measuring 18" x 24" could potentially sell for $80,0000 - $100,000 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks so much!
RIta

Hi Rita,

You are very welcome and thank you for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora

Nora
Nora