Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a water "vessel" from a ship which circled the globe…

I have a water...

I have a water "vessel" from a ship which circled the globe at one time. The material has not been verifiers yet, but my microscopic research reveals the global land mass such as Florida and India and "dark" Africa. A rare personal map sculpted onto this round item. I need to verify my research before placing it into an auction. Please advise.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

What technology should I use to verify my research.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Hello

You would need to take this to an appraiser in person in order to determine age and value. Would you like help with a list of appraisers you can take this to in your area?

Glenda

But one who can connect me to the technology service so I can verify the entire global map. A piece like this needs scientific verification before I can place it. One appraisers expert opinion is not enough for an auction, although I'd love to show it to an expert just for the feed back. Is that possible.

Hello

You can talk to them about what you want to do. But, it sounds like you need to see a Historical Museum Curator in order to have this scientifically tested, they are the ones who have that ability. But, if you let an appraiser inspect what you have they can let you know if it would be beneficial or cost effective to take it to a Museum for testing.

Just let me know what you want to do.

Sure. An expert's advice toward finding a knowledgable Curator works for me. I already have a Museum Curators list. Will your recommendation be someone you know or will it be from the same list of Museum Curators. I'm looking for contacts which you personally know of. Is that possible?

Hello

No it will be from a list of certified appraisers we have in data bases. If you can tell me where you are, city and state I can get you a list

I'm in Chatsworth (San Fernando Valley) CA 91311. I have a public list of certified appraisers. Does your list also include private listings of map experts, which I think is what is needed here.

Do you have a Mr Hale on your list?

Is he a map expert? I have no Hale on my mapping list, but if you send me your database I'll be satisfied.

Hello

Here is a list of Appraisers you can contact, you can call one or all of them in order for them to look at what you have and advice you the best course you should take in order to get your map tested for date and value. Just explain to them what you have and what you are wanting.

.

Scott W. Hale(###) ###-####– Los Angeles, CA,

Israel Stepanian,(###) ###-####– los angeles, CA,

David R. Kwiat, (###) ###-####– Encino, CA, United States

Kate Rosenheim,(###) ###-####– Los Angeles, CA, United States

Kenneth Starosciak
117 Wilmot Mews, San Francisco, CA 94115
tel(###) ###-####

Argus ***** Sacramento CA 95814
Tel:(###) ###-####/p>

Argonaut *****br />San Francisco, CA 94109
tel(###) ###-####

Bonhams
Los Angeles
7601 W. Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles CA 90046
Tel: +1(###) ###-####/p>

Neatline Maps
1(###) ###-####/p>

.

It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I received a phone message that you have responded. Do you need me to request a call again to receive the response? Or is my response in an email to me?

Hello

here is is again!

.

I answered you in writing, I do not do live phone calls. Sorry, I do not hear well.

.

.

Kenneth Starosciak
tel(###) ###-####/p>

Argus ***** Sacramento CA 95814
Tel:(###) ###-####/p>

tel(###) ###-####/p>

Bonhams
Los Angeles
7601 W. Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles CA 90046
Tel: +1(###) ###-####/p>

Neatline Maps
1(###) ###-####/p>

.

.
.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

Thank you Glenda. I was working off your site. The list did not appear on your site until this last round. Perhaps next time it would be easier on both of us if your site would indicate that it is in my email. The list does have a few names I don't have so it was worth the investment.

Hello

You must mean you were working off a phone. I have had others tell me the answers did not show up on their phones, and they log into the site and found the answer.

You are very welcome, hope you have a great evening

Glenda

I never work on my phone I only get announcements. I only use my computer and as we know, computers sometimes have a mind of its own. The first one did not appear on the site as it was opened the full time we exchanged messages. The second one did arrive after I sent a note that the first one did not appear.Never the less, it gave me some more info. You enjoy the evening as well.

Hello

I agree, computers do have a mind of their own, I am finding at times mine is not worth having. lol

Hope you have a great day.

.

.
.
Glenda,
.
.

.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser