Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a painting done by Nathan, Jr with a composition of…

I have a painting...

I have a painting done by Nathan Wright, Jr with a composition of realty and a list of his collectors. Many are well known.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

We can e-mail you a picture of the painting and the papers that came with the painting.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The size of the colored painting is 8" by14"

3/7/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

I don't personally use the phone service, another
Expert may be able to fulfill that separate request but I'm
happy to continue corresponding with you in writing here on the page.

Please do add pictures at your convenience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We can send pictures as soon as we get an address to send to.
Stu

Here are a few different options for sending pictures. The availability of each feature depends on which browser
(Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) you are using and whether you are on a desktop or a phone.

1) Use the +Add Files feature next to the red SEND button on in the area where you write back to me
to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.

2) Use the paperclip icon above the texting area where you reply.
The photos will upload when you add at least one word in the text box.
You won't see the photo, but the paperclip will turn green.

3) You can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"for rarewares" in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me (please include the link to your question page).This way takes 24-48 hours.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What else do you need? I've sent pictures of the front and back, and if you can't read the list of well known collectors of Mr. Wright's paintings I can print them off for you.

The only picture I received was one far away image, none of the back or of the signature. Can you add them here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET A ANSWER TO A SIMPLE QUESTION? I SENT A PICTURE OF THE FRONT AND THE BACK, I HAVE NO OTHER INFORMATION.
sTU
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

I believe I can help you with this painting, I am familiar with his work. If you are still wanting a value for your painting?

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you can't call, all i need is an estimated value of this painting.Stu

Hello

I cannot call, I actually do not do live phone calls. Sorry.

I will look this up be right back, with your typed answer.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Painting by Nathan Wright, Jr 8 x 14 Triple Matted, Framed, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $500.00-650.00 if sold at an art auction it would sell for a little less, at around $250.00-275.00, if this were sold in a High End Shop in a larger city it would sell for $650.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $650.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
To Glenda B.: Thank you for your most recent responses. We are not tech savvy, but will get some assistance as to how to get on the sites you mentioned. Would it be worth trying to contact some of the collectors of Nathan's works to try to see if there is an interest in purchasing this one? The painting is in perfect condition, however, the outer mat (third mat) has moderate water damage on the lower side of the mat, and we are wondering if it would effect the value if we had the one mat replaced which would involve removing the brown paper backing to do that? Stu

Stu

It might be beneficial to contact the collectors, they may want this one.

When you have the mat replaced, they will replace the paper backing or if you are doing it yourself you can easily put the paper back on. I have done this many times. You can get that paper at a craft store such as Micheal's and Hobby Lobby.

It will not effect the value to fix this.

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We sent a picture on Monday of a picture by Fuller and were wondering if you received it. If not we can resend. I am confused about your cost for this advice. Is it per request, per month, or something else. I received a e-mail saying I would be charged a fee in early March. I. at time said not to charge me, but then decided to send you another picture. I am willing to pay for this advice but would like to know your rates.Stu Kringen***@******.***

Hi Stu,

Appraisers are not employees of the site so we cannot say anything about the charges. Appraisers are independent of the site, we come to answer customers questions. You can contact customer service to ask them about it. when you do then you will need to send me a brand new question. Just be sure to send the new question like this " To Glenda" I will see it and pick it up. You can call them here: by phone:
US/Canada 1.***-***-**** or 1-***-***-**** or 1-***-***-****
Customer Service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) at(###) ###-####

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser