Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 3 antique bedroom sets I wish to sell if possible.

Customer Question
I have 3 antique...

I have 3 antique bedroom sets I wish to sell if possible. They are as follows:

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have 3 antique bedroom sets I wish to sell. They are as follows: One set, Mahogany Pineapple 4 poster double bed, dresser, chest of drawers and night stand. Second set, Mahogany 4 poster solid head and footboard double bed and a high chest of drawers (2 small drawers at top and 1 small drawer on each side of small drawers) and 4 big drawers. Third set. Walnut 4 poster double bed with head and footboard and Chest on chest of drawers. They have been in my family for many, many years. The Pineapple set was my parents first bedroom set. The other two sets were from my mother-in-law and an Aunt. Now you have a little bit of history but I do want to sell and get a fair price. Thanking you in advance, I am Bonnie Tanner, hoping for some good news,

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I believe I covered everything. Certainly hope so. My first time trying to do something like this.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/7/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

ok. just so you know, I'm not that computer savvy. I don't know how to do what you're asking. I know. Shame on me when you are trying to help. I can take picture with my phone but not sure how to download it on computer.

When you look at the sets, do look on the back of each piece, bottom, on bed rails and inside drawer walls. These

are areas where tags, labels, burnished or written marks of makers might be. Not a hard and fast rule, just some spots to look.

PICTURES

Here are a few different options for sending pictures. The availability of each feature depends on which browser
(Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) you are using and whether you are on a desktop or a phone.

1) Use the +Add Files feature next to the red SEND button on in the area where you write back to me
to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.

2) Use the paperclip icon above the texting area where you reply.
The photos will upload when you add at least one word in the text box.
You won't see the photo, but the paperclip will turn green.

3) You can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me .This way takes 24-48 hours.

No, I'm so sorry I bothered you. And I do appreciate your trying to help, but I will just have to deal with this alone. Not to mention as much as you're worth it, I'm not into paying $34.00. Thanks again for trying to help.

I do not do the phone service if that is what you are referring to. That is a default pop-up from the site.

It does not cost extra to add pictures.