Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an in wounder land old book that I can not find on…

Hi I have an...

Hi I have an Alice in wounder land old book that I can not find on line. In the marking the date is 1828 and it says books and games McLaughlin est 1828

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

There’s a number on the front of the book it’s 2792 the cove is Alice in wounderland and though the looking glass

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

By Lewis Carroll 42 illustrations it also says John tenniel. And it’s 132 pages

3/7/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Lewis Carroll, the author of Alice in Wonderland lived from 1832 - 1898 and the first printing of Alice in Wonderland was in 1865.

John Tenniel, the illustrator was born in 1820 and lived until 1911.

The 1828 date is not from when your book was published, but when the publisher, McLaughlin established their business.

McLaughlin published your copy of Alice in Wonderland around 1900, which is a later edition from the first printing in 1865.

On today's market, your volume has a high value of $45.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora