Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

This is not an antique question but I think the artist may…

For Nora, Hi. This is not...
For Nora,
Hi. This is not an antique question but I think the artist may be very old
I purchased a watercolor and pencil painting, original and was not properly framed using cardboard for backing which ruined the matting. If I sell this what should I expect for the artwork. Illman is all I know for name. Avid collector estate sale. 8" x 10"
3/7/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Have you received 3 pictures

Yes, thank you for the images.

~Nora

I am finished. Thank you
I am finished with images. Thank you

Thank you for your patience.

This is a plein-air watercolor of a landscape from 1980 signed Illman.

There is only one listed artist with the last name Illman who would fit the timeline of being actively painting in 1980 and that is

Philip Illman (1898 - 1992). However, the signature on yours is not a match to Philip Illman's known signed works.

This 8" x 10" watercolor was done by an unlisted hobbyist artist.

High value is $20 - $30.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

What about Marjorie. She is. 90 years old But cannot get her signature. Can you? Just checking
Or Marjorie
I mean margorie

This could potentially be a work by Marjorie Illman; however she is considered a regional artist and not a listed artist.

The estimate does remain the same.

~Nora

Nora