Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Tell me the pattern, maker, and value of this crystal glass.

Good morning. Please tell me...
Good morning. Please tell me the pattern, maker, and value of this crystal glass. Thanks.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Thank you for the image, I will look this over for you.
It will take a bit to research and write back. Do you just have the one glass in this pattern?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have six glasses in this pattern, all the same size. I tried to look at the photo I sent you as it looks when you get it and it is really blown up and the photo is rotated. Are you able to alter that and view the photo okay? I believe it is Tiffany, just not sure of the pattern.

I got image 5512 and the photo is in the correct position and size.

If it was Tiffany, it would be etched on the base. I do no think it is just by first glance.

I am going to look through my books at some other makers.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't see any etching on the base upon close inspection. The glasses are antique. I inherited them from my mother in 1998 and she was 93 when she passed away. She had them for years and years. They are very fine, dainty crystal, the best of all the pieces I have.

These are so lovely. Thank you for sharing the history.

This is a set of six wine glasses made by Fostoria in the Laurel pattern with stem #6017 first introduced in 1938 and discontinued in 1959. The value for the set of six is $60 to $75 resale. See an example of one below.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Fostoria-Laurel-6017-Stemmed-7-5-Wine-Goblet-s-Etched-Fine-Glass-MCM/332411886653?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D50073%26meid%3D4f66f50f2c3f4c048f25495b8985a386%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D332411883176%26itm%3D332411886653&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
eBay, of course? I should have thought of looking there. Thank you very much! Wonderful service! :) Rated you 5*****

Do physically click stars so that I will get credit for answering, thanks.

I added the Ebay link to show you what they really sell for because a lot of people don't believe me when I

report such a low price. It disappoints me that this gorgeous glass does not sell for so much more!

I recognized the reed and ball stem as Fostoria but had to find the etch name. Laurel refers to the band of laurel leaves etches around the glass.

Rarewares
Rarewares
Rarewares