Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a piece of furniture not sure who made it are what…

Customer Question
I have a piece...

I have a piece of furniture not sure who made it are what its worth

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I have pics ok

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
how long does it take
3/7/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Good morning! I apologize for you having to wait, the question came in near midnight here on the east coast.

This is a transitional arts and crafts period/ art nouveau period oak hutch that was made

around 1915 and has a value of $2500 to $2900. The exact maker

is unknown but the places to look if they did mark it would be in a drawer wall or on the back.

Most pieces like this are not marked.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars or write "thank you".