Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have two sets of china that we would like to sell on

Customer Question
Hi, We have two sets of...
We have two sets of china that we would like to sell on Crags list. Would you be able to tell us the retail value of what we have?
Thank you!
Laurie
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/6/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 4 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Can you tell me what the two sets are ? How many pieces in each set and what the pieces are?

Glenda

We have 8 place settings (minus two tea cups) of Kaiser Germany Versailles Echo Cobalt. This includes; dinner, lunch and bread plates, 9 saucers, 7 tea cups, gravy boat, sugar and creamer, 2 serving bowls and a platter.
Then we also have Hutschenreuther; 4 dinner plates, 4 lunch plates, 4 bread plates, 12 soup bowls, 12 fruit bowls, 5 cups and 3 saucers, and 1 square serving bowl.

Thank you,

Be right back with the prices for you

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Versailles, by KAISER Echo Cobalt 8 place setting, with extras has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $750.00-775.00, if sold on Craigslist -$550.00-650.00, the Hutschenreuther service for 4 with extra bowls,and serving bowl, extra cups-$450.00-575.00, if sold on Craigslist-$300.00-350.00 Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.

.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.

Thank you
Glenda