Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I inherited a large set of the Black Knight china and have…

Customer Question
I inherited a large...

I inherited a large set of the Black Knight china and have no clue what the value might be.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It appears to be the BLKBLK1 that I see on your website - but not on the replacements site.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I don't know what you all NEED to know. I know it's a large set with several serving pieces - various numbers on each type of piece.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/6/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece/set that came with your original inquiry.
Let me know if this is a service for 8, 10 or 12 plus serving pieces.
Add pictures of the pattern and the maker's mark on the bottom of one piece by using the +Add File feature.

I’m sorry but I will have to follow through on this later which means at least tomorrow. I simply don’t have the time to do this right now. Sorry.

I understand. You can come back and add photos at your convenience.

This is several photos of the larger pieces. There are also dinner plates, salad plates, cups and saucers, and another covered bowl I didn't dig out of the curio cabinet. I don't know how many pieces there are -- individually or total. They seem to be in pretty good shape. If I counted right, there are 14 dinner plates -- but not nearly that many cups! Sorry some of these images are a bit blurred. I'm not that steady taking photos. Wish I was...... And now I'm off for the evening.
IMG_1320.JPGIMG_1320.JPGIMG_1317.JPGIMG_1317.JPGIMG_1318.JPGIMG_1318.JPGIMG_1319.JPGIMG_1319.JPGIMG_1316.JPGIMG_1316.JPGIMG_1314.JPGIMG_1314.JPGIMG_1312.JPGIMG_1312.JPGIMG_1312.JPGIMG_1312.JPG

This is a set of Hutschenreuther of Selb, Bavaria (Germany) porcelain made circa 1930 to 1940

in the Ascot pattern. The Black Knight mark is the importer Graham and Zenger of New York and not the maker of the china; this is a common misconception.

The value of the set is $50 per 5-piece place setting (dinner, salad, bread, bowl and cup/saucer), $75 for covered vegetable bowl, $40 for gravy boat, and $20 to $35 each for other various serving pieces.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars or write "thank you".