Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

3/4/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

What does it say on the bottom of this mark?

Did you see the photo? Under the initials it says: cement weights (?)
No call necessary - I already paid for service..
Did you see the photos?

Hello
I actually do not do live phone calls, that is an upsell offer by the justanswer site. Appraisers are independent of the site, we come to the site to answer questions.

Yes, I saw it just could not read it all. I will look this up be right back.

I have received three messages but no answer to my question on the links.

Hello

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Mark is M Fred Hirsch circa: late 1800 to early 20thC, the Salt and Pepper set, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $150.00-175.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $100.00-125.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $150.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $175.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Thank you very much once again, Glenda!

You are very welcome, if you do not mind rating this I would appreciate it, the stars on the top of the page should be top left, or now maybe the right :), I really appreciate you taking time to rate me, if you have problems doing this please let me know.

Glenda

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.

Thank you
Glenda

Sorry, I did not mean to post to this question my notifier popped up and somehow it posted to this page. Excuse me.

What is the size?

I’m good - thanks!

Hello

Oh my that post was for another question about the size of their item,. I am glad you responded or would not know it did not get to that question.

Thanks, I see you have not rated this answer I did for you on your salt and pepper, was there a problem? If not I would appreciate a rating, this is the only way we are paid for our time answering questions for customers.

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Thank you very much, if you ever need anything else please ask for me, just send it " To Glenda "

Thanks