Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have two tapestry panels. They appear to be French. One is…

I have two tapestry...

I have two tapestry panels. They appear to be French. One is hunting scene with one man blowing a horn with his dog and two dead pheasants and dead deer at his feet under a tall tree with a castle in the background. 43 x 101.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The second tapestry panel is the same size 43 x 101. It's a scene of three hunting dogs and a servant carrying a horn. No visual marks or labels.

3/4/2018
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you please post photos of these for review. I would like to see the overall pieces front and back and then close ups of the pieces to see if they are embroidered , the age and the coloring of each panel. To post photos click on the paperclip or file upload button and follow the prompts. It is one photo upload at a time. You may also email them to***@******.*** and put for ladytanya65 so they know whom to forward the pictures on to. Thank you I look forward to helping you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, I'll send pictures just as soon as I can figure how to do it. Not too good with computers.
Hi thank you for the reply. I will check back often to see if you post them. There is no rush I can also give you an estimated value by description if that would help if photos are not possible. I will just need to know the following to better narrow down the type you have. Can you tell me the coloring on each- dark browns and greens, red and oranges the predomenant colors basically and if they are light or dark in overall view. Is it embroidered or painted on and what is the material- silk, cloth or something else? One last question- does it have a border around the panels or are the edges stistched or just cut and frayed? Thank you there is no rush I look forward to helping you. Tanya
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm sending the photos in an e-mail. Just sent one and I'll send the rest in a minute.
Thank you I will watch for them and post back here when they get to me. It can take time but I will let you know as soon as I get them. Have a great night
Just up to a day or two sooner if the company is not busy. Thank you

Hi just checking in to see if you had had a chance to email the photos? I have not received them on my end. The email is

***@******.*** and be sure to put " for ladytanya65" in the email so they forward them on to me. Thank you I will let you when I receive them. Looking forward to seeing these.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They were emailed again this morning. Not sure why they are not going to you.
Thank you I don't know but will wait and see if they come through today. I appreciate your help.

hunting scene with one man blowing a horn with his dog and two dead pheasants and dead deer at his feet under a tall tree with a castle in the background. 43 x 101.............

Second tapestry panel is the same size 43 x 101. It's a scene of three hunting dogs and a servant carrying a horn................

Both of these tapestry pieces are wonderful they look to be in excellent condition no rips or tears or heavy change to the coloring can be seen in the photos. These are french hunting scenes and would have hung in a gentleman/hunting club or parlor. They look to be done on silk and very intricate in detail. The servant with hounds has a value of

$3200.00 and the hunter with kill has a value of 38-4200.00 The age is 1840-1860s era I can not see the castle well enough to even say with certainty where this scene was to take place. Beautiful set and best kept out of direct sunlight. If you wish to hang them I would suggest to looking into having them framed to protect the pieces, If you are storing them store in a open container- you want to have air circulating around them. Also you may place a Bounce clothes dryer sheet with them to prevent moth or bug damage. Insects do not like the smell and will not bother textiles stored with Bounce.

Hi I wanted to check and see if I may be of further help on these or if all your questions were answered. Please let me know also, when you have a chance please rate the stars above our post here so I may be paid for my work.It does not cost you anything it is strictly how I get paid from the company. Thank you I will watch if you post further questions here also Have a good week ahead.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser