Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I would like to get some information on my squash blossom…

I would like to...

I would like to get some information on my squash blossom necklace. How do I go about doing so?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I don't know much about it but I believe it was made in the late 60's & 70's and I think it's made by Navajo and it has the artist initials on it.

3/1/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Are you wanting the current market value?

Hello

Can you send me a picture of this that also shows the mark?

Can I see the mark?

ok

Thanks

I cannot make out the mark, can you tell me what the initials are?

JJJ

Thank you,

I will look in the Native American Data base to see if I can find the name. Be right back with the name and value or at least the value.

Ok

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Native American Squash Blossom Necklace, the mark is not known, it is known to be a Navajo Hand Crafted Sterling Silver, it has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00, if sold at an auction (a local auction ) it would sell for a little less, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1300.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1***-**-****.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Can you tell where the Turquoise stones may have come from?

Hello

They would have come from the hills around Arizona, New Mexico or Utah. Most likely Arizona because that is where the Navajo were located mostly.

.

.

.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

Thank you very much

You are very welcome, if you do not mind rating my answer, I would appreciate it, you click the stars at the top of the page. If you cannot find the stars please let me know.

.

Glenda

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Giving the appraiser credit for answering your question has no extra cost to you.

This is the only way we get credited by the site for our work. This may be clicking the stars, or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish, then click on the stars!

Credit is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda
.

Is there anything else you need on this, if not a rating is much appreciated, a rating is the only way we are paid for our time on working on the site.

Glenda

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser